Thursday, August 22, 2019

2 Nephi 4

Nephi laments his sins, yet has confidence in his abilities through the atonement. Nothing has made me feel more helpless and humbled than having children. I have always wanted kids, And I have enjoyed being a father, but my idea of how fatherhood was going to be vs. how fatherhood actually is, has been starkly different. What has been the most humbling for me has been trying to affect the behavior of my children. In large part I have felt helpless in my attempts to have  a major influence on what my children do. I would like to be able to get an immediate response from my every command, and have total respect from my children for my attempts to help them navigate through life, but I realize now, that does not allow for agency. In my frustrations I have quick to anger, I have overreacted, and lost my patience. None of these things has ever helped any situation with my children, and I feel like saying “Oh wretched man that I am”. I need to rely more on my savior to help with the challenges of raising my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment