Monday, June 10, 2019

The Power and wrath of God

1 Nephi 14:14-15 What is the power of the Lamb of God?

When I think of the power of the Lamb of God, I immediately think of what the atonement has enabled me to do in my life. I have been able to repent and progress in my spirituality, I have been kinder, more loving, and understanding, and ultimately I have been a better person.

The only other time where the phrase “power of the Lamb of God” is used is in chapter 11 of 1 Nephi and it refers to the healing of Jesus Christ during his ministry. The power of the Lamb in verse 14 is given to the covenant people, which were also armed with “righteousness” and the “power of God”. I like to think the power of the Lamb of God is the enabling power of the atonement. The power to overcome weaknesses, sing, pain, and misery due to the fulfillment of their price through the atonement. I like to think that righteousness as the things we do that allow for us to be free and able to fulfill the plan of salvation. I think that includes being free from addictions, sin, and poverty. Righteousness enables us to be in a position of influence for good. A righteous person is trusted, healthy, clear-minded, and able. I think the the “power of God” in this verse refers to the priesthood. Having used the atonement and being enabled by righteousness we can carry out the will of God through his authority and power on Earth. These 3 things are interrelated and all build off of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment