Monday, July 15, 2013

Generations of Christ

1 Nephi Chapter 10

Although Lehi's dream is probably Lehi's better known prophecies, he also prophesied about the life and ministry of Christ including when he would be born (verse 4), where he would be baptized (verse 9) and whom should baptizie him (verse 10), his mission as a savior of the world (verse 4, and 10).

The most important thing we can teach our children is that they have a savior that can help them repent and be clean, and is our ultimate exemplar. To do this we can use analogies, stories, life experiences, the scriptures, etc. but it all boils down to we being imperfect sons and daughters of God, need help to return to him. We all make mistakes so this is an easy lesson to repeat, and our children will see us when we use the atonement, and when we don't.

I have always wanted kids. Being a father has fulfilled that desire for me. I have looked forward to the days when I can play catch and teach my kids how to ride a bike, and those have been very fulfilling experiences, but I couldn't ask for a better feeling than when I see my children learn and apply gospel principles.


No comments:

Post a Comment