Friday, April 19, 2019

1 Ne 11:22 “the Love of God”

In 1 Nephi 11:22 Says the “love of God...is the most desirable above all other things”, yet if you took a poll of what people desired most I doubt that the Love of God would be at the top of the list. I tried to find if anyone had done this poll with a quick google search and couldn’t find anything substantial. But my guess is beyond the basic needs of life (food, shelter, clothing, health), people probably just want to be happy. In I Nephi 11:23 is says that the love of God is “the most joyous to the soul”, which sounds like it is pretty desirable to me.
I think that the “love of God” is manifest in a variety of ways. I think most people desire to be understood, appreciated, supported, and considered. People desire trust, consistency, and connection. The “love of God” provides is a manifestation of these desires for individuals regardless of what people have offended or hurt them. The “love of God” can provide assurance and hope to anyone anywhere, but where I would think it is most efficacious is when a person feels otherwise alone, discourage, depressed, or hurt. You can always have access to the “love of God”

No comments:

Post a Comment